Let’s talk about pineapple baby ,
First of all yum ! ( I’m dehydrating some as I type right now ; p )
Not only is pineapple delicious, it’$…. Well nutritious!
Pineapple is be an antioxidant with a high vitamin c content. They help support the immune system ( due to V . C ) pineapples contribute to bone strength and are great for those with joint pain , they can also help reduce macular degeneration!! That’s right , Gram’ s and Gramp’s eat your pineapple! ; p
Pineapples are one of the fruits that perfectly compliment / star in a savory dish B ) and so I’ve made this simple stirfy that really showcases that delicious nutritious pineapple!!
<- who are these guys? … they really do enjoy pineapple
Whatcha gonna need….
– 1pineapple ( or half, you can buy half a pineapple if its all you need)
– 2 mushrooms
– fresh thyme
-2 cloves of garlic
– 2 handfuls of baby carrots cut in half lengthwise
– 8 leaves of nappa cabbage washed and diced . ( btw , wash everything… Obviously)
– egg free ‘ vegetarian’ chow mein noodles ( sounds specific , but lots of store near me carry them : ) … But use whatever’s clever for you! Wheat free? Avoiding carbs’? Try carrot noodles or zucchini noodles)
– 1/3 cup of tofu – Why tofu? Why not? … Everything in moderation and it certainly does not ‘make’ the dish… So leave it out if thee likes.
Sautée the pineapple in a frying pan coated with coconut oil . aadd in chopped garlic and fresh thyme. Add chopped mushrooms , tofu( or cashews? ) and 1/3 cup of water reduce the heat and cover for 2 minutes. toss in carrotsand cabbage . Prepare noodles in a separate pot, with a pinch of seasalt. Keep an eye on the stir fry , stirring occasionally. As the noodles are finished, mix together and ready to serve.
Again simple, but simply delicious! Let the flavor of the pineapple season your dish, trust me it’ll be delish! Hah aaannnd that’s my cue to exit folks!
Thanks for reading, tasting and HOPEFULLY learning something ; p